This pioneering programme is aimed at young people who have a passion for football and a desire to progress to university or work in sport.
Alongside study during the week in the classroom, PVFC students also get to train twice a week with PVFC staff, making it stand out from typical college courses.
HERE IS WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- Learn: Study towards a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport or another Level 3 course (worth up to three A-Levels)
- Train: Regular coaching to develop technical, tactical and physical ability
- Play: Represent Port Vale FC in EFL Trust Alliance League and other cup competitions
- Work: Open the door to University courses and careers in the sports industry
There are limited places available for this once in a lifetime opportunity; students moving into sixth-form education are encouraged not to hesitate with their application.
- Open to 16-18 year olds
- Train twice a week with PVFC staff during the day around education course
- UEFA qualified coaches
- Includes match analysis, sport psychology and strength & conditioning sessions
- Compete on a Wednesday afternoon for Port Vale Foundation in EFL Trust Alliance League against other professional clubs at top-class facilities around the country
- Player profile and season statistics on the Port Vale Foundation website
- Match reports and profiles in first team match day programme, club newsletter and on club website
- Chance to represent the ECFA (English Colleges Football Association) side
- All students receive full training kit and match day tracksuit plus tickets to every PVFC home league game
- Opportunities to complete work placement hours and gain work experience at the club
- Gain FA Level 1 Coaching qualification as well as First Aid and Safeguarding Children certificates
For more information contact: Kyle Adams, Football Development Manager, Kyle.Adams@port-vale.co.uk or 01782 757066