Premier League Reading Stars is a reading intervention that is proven to raise reading levels for under-achieving pupils from Y5/6. National evaluation shows that 3 out of 4 children make at least 6 months’ progress in reading in just 10 weeks, with 1 in 3 making a year’s progress, or more. The intervention forms part of the Premier League Primary Stars English offer to all primary schools in England and Wales. The National Literacy Trust has written the content for the programme.
What we offer
– 8-10 week programme (2 hours per week) working with either small groups of children who are struggling with reading levels or a class that needs extra support.
– Using the PL and National Literacy Trust designed resources; our staff would come into school and deliver class based lessons with a number of reading interventions and linked to sport such as creating stories, group reading, Practical delivery etc
– Schools would have access to a mobile Premier League Library box full of lots and great books that children can loan out and take home.
– Special interventions with parents and read along days
– Player Appearances to come in and read books to the children
– Award ceremony at a Home game.